View Single Post
Old July 9, 2010, 07:59 AM   #28
NRAhab

www.crossfit.com is incredibly popular in the competitive shooting community, as is P90x and other more "extreme" fitness programs. If you don't have an hour a day to devote to your workout, then do pushups. If you can find 20 minutes, 3 days a week to exercise, then go to http://www.simplefit.org/workout.html and follow the three day workout program there. Get a pull-up bar that you can hang in your doorway (I use the Iron Gym) and you'll do pullups, pushups, and squats. On at least two of your "rest days" try to mix in 30-60 minutes of cardio. By "cardio" I mean "your heart rate must be at 80% of your MHR for 15 or more minutes" not "walking around the block".

I absolutely guarantee that if you do Simplefit for 90 days that you will be stronger, healthier, and able to shoot better. But fitness is a lot like shooting in that if you want to get good at it (i.e. be healthy) then you have to be willing to put the work in. Rob Leatham didn't turn in to The Great One overnight, and no one with six pack abs in their 30s got them from occasionally doing crunches.

Page generated in 0.03586 seconds with 8 queries