View Single Post
Old August 21, 2000, 03:47 PM   #30
Onslaught

I LOVE flashlights, and I've had SureFire, I've still got 2 scorpions, and I've also got a Pelican. They're all great, it just depends on what you need em for.

The SureFire seemed to be consistently bright throughout the entire beam. The Scorpion was brighter in the middle. Either is an incredible light. But the batteries last about an hour continuous use. They're expensive too! Both are like a hand held spotlight, but will you need that much light? My 6V lites also have a BAD habit of going dead quick, at inconvenient times. When they do, it's about a 1 minute process. They go from WHITE to YELLOW to NOTHING.
That's why I've gotten a Pelican. $27 for the light that runs on 4 AA batteries. Lasts about 4 hours on new batteries, which I can buy for about $3.95 a 12 pack!!! It's not quite as bright as the 6v's, but it's brighter than any MagLite, and the beam is clean like the 6v's. Streamlight has a new "Pro" series, that also runs off AA's and C's, but is designed like the Scorpion.
If money is no option, and you can afford the large quantity of expensive batteries, get a SureFire. If you like saving a few bucks, but still want a SOLAR FLARE, get a Scorpion. If you need AMPLE light for most situations, and prefer not to have the ongoing cost of EXPENSIVE batteries, get a Pelican or a Streamlight Pro. Get one of each. Use the 6v for your primary, and the 4AA for your reliable backup.

What ever you do, you don't need a 3D cell billy club flashlight any more. There are plenty of great quality, super bright, pocket sized flashlights available. Cost is the determining factor.

[This message has been edited by Onslaught (edited August 21, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02423 seconds with 8 queries