View Single Post
Old June 27, 2009, 08:23 PM   #8
Tom2

Perhaps some historical branch of the U.S. Army could shed some light on the situation but I am at a loss to be specific as to where to search, off the top of my head. Almost a question for a military historical website versus a gun website, except for the matter of finding out the information about the carbine itself, regardless of the special markings. You have a nice collectable with provenance, any further details you could glean from some military historians would merely add value. Ammo comes in 50 rounds per box here, it is not a particulary rare or expensive type of ammo(or wasn't) but with the current ammo shortages in the US prices are at a premium and availability is not always assured. The Winchester "full metal Jacket" or "metal patch" or "ball" ammo, whichever term you like, has always performed quite well for me in those carbines. Not much for game hunting but accurate with a good carbine. About 1900 feet per second, convert to meters if you like, and 110 grain bullet, how many grams? I don't know. Small game killer.

Page generated in 0.03373 seconds with 8 queries