View Single Post
Old December 28, 2008, 06:46 PM   #8
D. Manley

Quote:
Warning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use the collet. Don't use a shell holder. That has been known to cause catastrophic powder-driven spontaneous disassembly. The story linked to from within the above link, and some subsequent photos I did after I found where I'd hidden my Quinetics puller (but have not yet organized to post) have convinced all the moderators at the Shooters Forum to cease the practice. A couple of members kept arguing it wasn't really possible, but I've got good proof now that it is. Just need to finish illustrating how it occurs. The stars have to line up just wrong, so it isn't common, but it can happen.
That was a very interesting and enlightening read. I knew there was some good reason I put up with the cussed "O-Ring" collets. Even then, I've never felt entirely comfortable using the kinetic pullers. I have the Hornady Cam-Lock collet-style for most calibers and (mercifully) only use a kinetic on a "one-sy" now & then. Thanks for the link...

Page generated in 0.02154 seconds with 8 queries