Thread: Crazy ammo days
View Single Post
Old January 20, 2013, 09:46 PM   #9
SocialAnarchist

I was at Gander Mountain just north of Madison Wisconsin on Friday. They had a LOT of ammunition. There were extra display tables set up with quite a bit of WWB in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. There was another table with larger boxes of UMC in 9mm and .45 ACP. The regular shelves were quite well stocked with pistol and rifle ammunition. The only ammo I could see they were out of was 7.62x39, with 7.62x54 being close behind with only 4 boxes left.

They had no 25 round magazines for my 10/22, and there were no ARs anywhere to be seen. The pistol cases were full and it looked to me like the prices were the same as they were when I stopped to look around before Christmas.

Down the road at Farm and Fleet the shelves were a lot more bare. No 9mm or .45 ACP, or 7.62x39, or .223 at all. There was about 50 boxes of .40 S&W, and at least that many of .44 Magnum, with 4 boxes of .380.

Both places have quite the stock of shotgun ammunition. It would seem that the weapon to buy right now for home defense would be a shotgun since the ammo is very readily available.

Page generated in 0.02702 seconds with 8 queries