View Single Post
Old February 24, 2010, 08:43 PM   #1
Dukezern

Endangered Species?

Ya know, when I was a child, I remember me and my buddies showing up at school Monday mornings talking about how many squirrels or rabbits we shot over the weekend. Those were the days.

What has happened to the small game hunters? It seems we are turning into an endangered species. The other day at work I mentioned the fact that I killed two squirrels and was actually asked, "What do you do with them after you kill 'em?". Of course I said, "Eat 'em!!". "Ewww!!!" was the response. You never would have heard that 30 or 40 years ago. Even some of those same buddies I hunted with all those years ago have given up on the small game, and are now exclusively big game hunters.

I squirrel hunt with a little Marlin .22 rifle with a 3x - 9x power scope. Yeah, I hunt big game too, but when that season is over, there is nothing more satisfying and tranquil than grabbing that little rifle, a thurmos of coffee, and walking around the woods for a few hours on a Saturday morning. Is there anyone out there that connects with that anymore, or are small game hunters slowly becoming an endangered species.

Thanks, guys. Keep well and keep safe.

Page generated in 0.03090 seconds with 8 queries