View Single Post
Old July 16, 2014, 08:13 AM   #36
Panfisher

There are a lot of folks out there we classify as "gun haters" but don't really fit the mold. My son-in-law is a good example. He is not a gun guy, was raised in the country but never cared about firearms. He is a Taekwondo expert and can easily take care of himself, never needed or even considered a firearm. However he is now the father of my grandson, works 6 days a week, and just moved my daughter and grandson into a small home in a somewhat sketchy neighborhood beceause its what they can afford. 2 days after moving in a man attempting to break into a home 2 blocks away was shot and killed by the homeowner. As of a couple days ago there is now a very simple 20 ga. single shot shotgun in their closet. I strongly suspect he would rather not have it there but suddenly it became a good idea. People do change their minds, but if we get the whole "in their face" and come off looking like the idiots at the Bundy ranch, or the guys who openly carry an AR-15 into the mall and video it for youtube, then its going to hard to convince the anti-'s that we are anything but a bunch of gun loving rambo wannabes. Its on us to present the proper image. Lets compare guns to politics, we all know that politics is a necessary evil, has been around for thousands of years. We see the "stuff" that goes on making the news and become so disgusted and anti-politician it would be hard to convince us that politics can be used for good. Seldom do we see making the news, a half dozen senators from different political parties sitting in a cramped back room working out a deal that is good for the country, we see the idiots who are out front happily shutting down the government etc.

Page generated in 0.03142 seconds with 8 queries