View Single Post
Old May 19, 2012, 08:08 PM   #11
Marco Califo

If you do not know how to buy powders on-line

"Just tested the waters for 2 jugs. Extremely annoying to find the shipping and handling PLUS HazMat fees are $55 additional! Pass."

If you buy ANY gunpowder or primers, from ANY online seller, to be shipped, you will pay $27.50 HazMat, plus shipping (except on some very large orders). The way you work the calculator, after you find the ON switch, is to:
1. Plan ahead and group your purchase to purchase bulk powders, any primers you need, and a cannister powder or two that you find necessary. The more items you combine, the less each item's share of pro rata cost.
2. Compare prices to your local source, IF you have one. factor in your sales taxes if needed. Buy locally if that is a better deal.
I am finding that one HazMat order a year or less works out to be most economical.
Column "I" is my cost per pound when allocating $60 shipping charges. These compare to $28.5 per pound for cannister locally, if I can find something I can use. Add 8.75% sales tax and that is $30.99 before I drive around looking for powder. So, I am saving at least 33% on each pound.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wideners 051212.pdf (10.3 KB, 58 views)

Page generated in 0.03945 seconds with 9 queries