View Single Post
Old May 15, 2009, 07:03 AM   #27
Sevens

Tex, as I said in my post, I think it's terrific if folks have it, use it, and they manage to produce rounds that function to their required specs.

Snuffy did a fine job of detailing better what I was trying to say-- post sizing a round is doing a minor or major job of swaging an already seated bullet, and that's where I wonder how good or bad an FCD is at what it attempts to do. Swaging a bullet down can introduce trouble. Accuracy, leading, and wosrt of all-- bullet setback. A good cast lead bullet should get swaged once, when it comes out of the brass and heads in to the rifling and gets shipped out of the barrel.

IMO--If my initial sizing die is giving me a consistent, workable resize, and my cast lead bullets are quality and uniform and consistent, then I don't see where I need to post size a round with the FCD.

I would think the opinion of competition shooters might hold more weight than mine or yours, so I wonder what percentage of those guys use an FCD? And each shooting discipline would be different, I'm sure. IPSC guys need absolute reliability with short-distance and large-space accuracy. Bullseye shooters need 10-x accuracy. I honestly don't know if competition shooters use it or not.

Don't ever forget when reading my take on the FCD of the very important: I don't have one. Maybe I'm missing out. All I wanted to say was that I'm quite happy with the 200gr LSWC that comes out of my man cave, and there is no FCD in process.

Page generated in 0.02272 seconds with 8 queries