View Single Post
Old July 1, 2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Jim243

Quote:
What exactly does the SAAMI PSI mean in relation to firearm wear and tear.
When your pistol was made, it was made with the SAMMI specs for the caliber it was released in. I assume that the G22 is a 40 S&W caliber pistol. Or rated at 35,000 psi, the gun was setup and timed at that pressure to function properly.

I too played with the 357 Sig conversion on a FNH FNP-40. The 357 Sig is rated at 38,000 psi. I shot maybe 10 rounds out of the gun and decided that while I liked the 357 Sig performance, I was not crazy about how it beat up the pistol. The slide takes more abuse and the frame and fire control group is defiantly shaken up. One thought I had was to change the recoil spring to a heavier one and absorb the additional recoil. Never did get around to it, traded the gun in on a 45 ACP instead.

My basic impression while doing the 357 Sig conversion, was that if I wanted a 357 Sig, I would just go out and buy a gun made for that caliber. And have the correct parts to start with. (and a stronger frame). If I had to do it over, I would start out with a 357 Sig and convert it to 40 S&W. (but why do that?)

But that's just my view on it, others may disagree.
Jim

Page generated in 0.02237 seconds with 8 queries