View Single Post
Old January 28, 2012, 09:56 AM   #1
jd3020

springfield 1903a3

Talking with a guy from work one day got me curious on what "old time war gun" i had sitting in the gun safe at home. Got it out and got to looking around on net and have decided that i believe its a springfield 1903a3 (which is what is stamped on the reciever). Any ways the stock is broke right behind the reciever where the butt stock makes the transition up to the top. This same guy that i work with brough me a stock for a 1903a3 but after looking at it it dosent look the same. simular but not the same. where the bolt lever is there is a groove on the stock he had but on mine there isnt one. and on the forarm there are indentions where you can put your fingers and mine does not have that. also on the side of this new stock there is sadal indented in it. Would this stock even be period to the time of this a3? and if so should i change it out since the old is broken? I dont want to hurt the value of this gun being its been passed down from grandpa who fought in the korean war. The date on the barrel is 2-44 and there is a bomb looking symbol on fire below it. This is where i got confused as i have an m1 carbine that is made by underwood with that same symbol. If any one knows anything about these 1903a3's i would love to know more about it. I will say it does fire 30-06 rounds and i have shot it twice. i probably shouldnt have with a broken stock but it does fire. thanks for the help

"If guns kill people then i can blame mis-spelled words on my pencil"

Page generated in 0.02581 seconds with 8 queries