View Single Post
Old September 15, 2011, 12:28 AM   #41
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona444
Why jeopardize my rights in these SHALL issue states for the pathetic liberal voting people that are the majority vote in CA? If I don't like control of CCW by CA, I am quite a bit more frightened by the thought of CCW control by the Feds. That could make the CCW carry issue disappear overnight by the stroke of a pen once it is out of the hands of the state.
But the Feds would not be "controlling" CCW. Each state would still be issuing (or not) its own licenses. ALL this law would do is require that other states recognize the validity of what your home state has done. In short, it codifies the intent of the Full Faith and Credit clause of the Constitution. Nothing is taken out of the hands of the states except the dubious "right" to deny visitors the rights granted both under the Constitution and by their home state.

The worst they could do is repeal the law and set things nack to the patchwork we have now. But to go beyond that and "take over control" of CCW is not something this proposed law would in any way pave the way for. That would be something entirely different, and the Feds either could or couldn't do that today. Passing this law would not in any way affect the possibility or probability of a Federal "takeover."

Page generated in 0.02439 seconds with 8 queries