View Single Post
Old February 11, 2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Aqeous

Reduced Recoil 00 Buckshot--losses and gains??

This question has no doubt been asked before. With regards to Reduced Recoil 00 Buckshot, I have seen the ballistics, it patterns tight and penetrates surprisingly well.

But . . . we have to be loosing something when we use Reduced Recoil as oppose to standard 00. Don't we? Everyone who uses reduced loads speaks to how well they work . . . and yet I have never spoken to anyone (In real life or on the Internet) who has actually used a reduced load against anything living, and thus can not speak to its lethality in comparison to normal loads. (also I have not been able to find a single news report of someone actually using these loads in a real-life self-defense scenario.)

The caliber wars of handguns are well known (everyone thinks they know which caliber works the best) If we choose to load up our shotguns with reduced loads are we metaphorically turning a .45 ACP into a .380? Does anyone out there actually know for certain that reduced loads are pretty close to normal loads in the lethality department or are we all just guessing?

Page generated in 0.02286 seconds with 8 queries