View Single Post
Old June 23, 2005, 01:22 PM   #26
Doug.38PR

You know, when I first got my permit and put it in my wallet. I put my .38 on my hip and put my coat on. One of the first things that happened was I pulled up to a Kroger gas station pump on a windy day and the flap of my coat blew open. I don't think it really exposed anything and I caught it real quick, but the first fear that went through my mind was "OMGosh, what if somebody saw it!!! Will the police get called, I would I get in trouble, would they be understanding or will they be looking or an excuse to slap cuffs on somebody!" Later I found out that I could get in trouble if the gun was locked in my car in the console or glove compartment but not in a locked safe and a criminal broke in and got the gun. I could get sued or criminally charged. Later I was afraid of having a bulge show in my coat when I bent over. Found out later that that is legal. Anyway, in a nutshell all these little liberal subjective rules and laws started coming up on what you can and can't do and maybe can do depending on how the judge or how self-righteous the DA is, and honestly made me afraid to carry the gun because I was more afraid of the law than I was of the criminals (such is the world in which we live ) Anyway, my chl instructor said that the best thing to do is carry it with you wherever you go so you are responsible for it and if someone is going to steal it they have to get through you first and if they are going to kill you they have to stop your bullet first . Besides you never know when or where you are going to have to kill some scumbag. Another CHLer and gun dealer concurred with me that all the rules and regulations and cans and maybes in the CHL rulebook are so confusing, subjective and contradictory that you can't know everything about the law even if you memorize the book. I've learned to put my faith more in a Sovereign Almighty God than fear in a subjective law system that has more holes in it than swiss chesse. Carry your weapon whereever you can (except in places where you know you can't) and as R.E. Lee would put it, leave the rest to Providence.

Page generated in 0.03233 seconds with 8 queries