View Single Post
Old April 22, 2013, 11:48 PM   #7
WiscBuckmaster

Quote:
They also make good use of the venison. Unlike many average Wisconsin deer hunters.
I don't get that statement, do you know many wisconsin deer hunters that waste venison? I don't know what you or people you know do with yours but I, as well as my hunting crew, skin, bone, and quarter our own deer, process our own sausage (venison italians, brats, and polish) keep backstraps and inner loins intact, etc. I actually think we do a pretty good job, nothing goes to a butcher unlike many others, and the hide goes to a local guy who makes gloves and other things and gives them away for free to people who need them. I'm not trying to start internet warfare here I just don't know what you meant by that comment.

As far as my gripes on the show, its not really about the hunting itself, its just how its portrayed that I didnt like. I didn't grow up in the city so I'm not aware of those problems as others here have stated.
Quote:
Many of them learn from an early age to come to the sound of a 4-wheeler cause that means the food bag is on. The smell of humans does not frighten them either......
Shoot, I don't know where you're from but thats definately not how it is where I hunt, If I were to drive a 4-wheeler to my stand, which I would never do, It would spook them not attract them. And for smell, I've had bucks bust me after a wind change and they start blowin like crazy. sounds like you're talking about petting zoo deer haha.

Page generated in 0.03646 seconds with 8 queries