View Single Post
Old May 26, 2012, 09:30 PM   #11
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Born with a pistol in one hand a bag of ammo in the other hand and a rifle slung across my back and all I ever knew was aiming. Got my first shotgun when I was 58 years old and got into it in a real big way. Now I hunt and I practice weekly drills at self defense drills because I have my own range in my front yard and my rifle range in my back yard.

I try the pointing thing that I have read about, seen videos on and been coached at but habit kicks in and while I'm getting better at it I still find myself aiming. That is why my 3 main shotguns have rifle sights on two of them and a scope on the third.

Today I was shooting my 10 gauge and yup I aimed and watched those 18 pellets of 00 blow that gallon milk jug all to pieces. Very satisfying but a tad bit expensive, I guess some of us are maybe a bit to old to get with the pointing program and I will be aiming for the time I have left.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03774 seconds with 8 queries