View Single Post
Old June 10, 2010, 07:41 PM   #24
phantom06

Greetings all:
Thanks to those who posted info on the Norwegian 98K's. I've had mine for close to 25 years and was never aware of much beyond the fact they were re-issued by Norway. Between this site and a few others, I've been able to figure out quite a bit about my particular gun.

Mine is a 1937 S/42 (Mauser produced). As discussed, the original Wehrmacht number is marked out (mine by way of dashes through the original sn). The HAER stamp and new number sitting right above the original number. My rifle appears to have retained almost all the original parts, including the rear sight -- which another site stated were often not kept with their original rifles. The stock doesn't appear to have been messed with at all

I've not had much opportunity to shoot mine in a very long time (probably about 20 years) and I don't think I fired more than a box through it since I've had it. As I recall, it kicks pretty good!

Anyway, sorry to drag this thread up but wanted to say thanks to those who posted info. I'm not getting any younger and time is coming when it will be time to sell her off. It's nice to know these fine rifles have a loyal following.

Page generated in 0.02759 seconds with 8 queries