View Single Post
Old April 27, 2024, 03:21 PM   #187
The Verminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtown tom View Post
This was covered in post #169 that you didn't read.
I read your #169........it just didn't make sense.

I have a lot of trouble believing that their system could be so useless and poorly designed.

If I sold the gun through a dealer that transaction would require the next buyer to identify himself and give the info for a background check.

All that should be in the big government computer--filed by serial number........and all done again at the next sale and so on.

So as long as the gun went through dealers they should HAVE the info and there should be no need to contact previous owners.

Thus they shouldn't have this painstaking and time consuming job of finding and talking to all the previous owners.

That's why I said they shouldn't ever have to talk to me........they'd already have the info.

If they don't do it that way their system seems intentionally designed to be far, FAR slower than it needs to be (AND, of course, fail at the first sale that doesn't go through a dealer).

So if I have this straight...........they already have the info they need and they just throw it away to make their job slower, more costly to taxpayers and more difficult.

That seems a little too bizarre and incredible to believe.

Page generated in 0.02285 seconds with 8 queries