View Single Post
Old September 23, 2011, 06:29 PM   #13
Alaska444

Yup, we must have been crossing over each other when we posted about the same time. It looks like there were a few things that they had to repair. Right now it feels really smooooth especially compared to the way it was before I sent it off to them. In fact, from the day I sent it last Thursday, it was 8 days total to send, fix and return to me. I am hoping to be able to enjoy having a reliable side arm when out in the Idaho woods, heck just inside the campgrounds.

One of my friends really likes Huckleberry campground on the St. Joe's River. About a month ago, he almost ran into a black bear 20 feet from his camper. This time, he had a moose in the swamp just behind his campsite in the same area that the bear ran off. In some ways, the moose is more of a danger since they have such poor eyesight and often charge if people get too close.

So between the Ruger SRH .44 and my Marlin .444, I feel confident I have what I need to handle just about any situation, that is if you have time to use those weapons in the first place. Throw in some pepper spray and we should have a good package for woods protection. Throw in a bunch of my friends who are likewise prepared and you might actually start to feel sorry for any bear that wanted to mess with that combination, but I would get over that pretty quick.

Once I get it out on the range in the next few days, I will give another update.

God bless,

Page generated in 0.03051 seconds with 8 queries