View Single Post
Old March 9, 2012, 07:07 PM   #26
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
And, after the court explains to the jury what "reasonable doubt" means, it is STILL up to the jurors to decide whether or not they think there is proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. The judge gives the jury the definition of reasonable doubt, he/she doesn't tell the jurors how to decide the facts of the case before them.
Absolutely right, but it was stated by a poster that he could not reach a decision beyond any reasonable doubt, but he can't know that without first being told what constituted by reasonable doubt in Ohio courts.

Quote:
FWIW, not being snarky but as a rule, I like Rush Linbaugh. Thanks!
Quote:
Opposition...again, ...who's the opposition???
Sorry, as a Rush fan, I thought you would have been up on his news. Rush Limbaugh made comments on air about Sandra Fluke being a slut and prostitute because she gave testimony for the need of birth control. This caused all sorts of outrage and so RL went on the air with a prolonged retraction saying that he should not have said those things because it made him like the liberals (the left, where he stated several insults about them and that "I became like them." http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...o_sandra_fluke

You did something contextually similar...
Quote:
And we need to be very careful to not be the jury with so little evidence.

Otherwise, we are guilty of doing the same as most anti-2nd Amend. people.
...in saying that we don't want to be doing something that we were already doing and have been doing because it would make us like the anti 2A people who are our opposition. Neither your comment or Rush's seemed particularly oriented toward worrying about what is right or wrong as much as not wanting to be like the opposition. So you stated them as anti 2A people which is rather interesting because you interjected a political jab at anti-2A people in a discussion that isn't about politics or about the 2nd Amendment.

Page generated in 0.03773 seconds with 8 queries