View Single Post
Old October 4, 2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Rob62

Let me address part of your question. A justifiable shoot is a justifiable shoot, period.

In other words, if you are legally justified in using deadly force (i.e. shooting someone) it will not matter what you use to do that with. With one big caveat or nuance - and that is as long as what you are using is legal to own where you are. (Edited to add - If you end up shooting someone without proper justification I think you will have bigger issues than what you used to shoot that person with)

So whether or not you have a threaded barrel on the gun you use to legally shoot someone (use deadly force) will not matter. If you were to have a suppressor on it that would not matter either - *as long as the use of the deadly force was justified.*

Now with that said. In the civil suit that is sure to follow, brought on by the person's relatives who you shot. There is no doubt you will be portrait as a blood thirsty killer who even "keeps a silencer" on their gun to shoot people with.

Keep in mind that there will almost always be a civil trial after the use of deadly force. About why you shot poor little Johnny who accidentally broke into your house and really didn't mean you or your family any harm.

My personal advise is do EVERYTHING you can to avoid ever using deadly force. Even if that means retreating in your own home, as long as you can do it safely - even if there is no legal requirement or obligation to do so. But in the same token do not be afraid to use deadly force - but absolutely only if there is NO other option.

Regards,

Rob

Page generated in 0.03610 seconds with 8 queries