View Single Post
Old February 5, 2001, 07:53 PM   #22
linngl

I finally got around to calling RCBS about a spare parts kit for the Pro 2000. They told me that they didn't have one because it wasn't deemed necessary. I asked them about the plastic tabs breaking, and they said the only ones that were ever reported breaking was when someone hadn't read the directions and tried to remove the priming strip in the wrong direction (kind of like backing over the one way spikes used for parking garages security entrances). I mentioned the main compression spring and they asked if mine was broke. I said no, and they asked, so what is the problem. I didn't have a response. So I hung-up.
As far as having problems with the shell plate indexing, it uses the same type as the Dillon, so maybe it just needs a blue paint job. Seriously it must have a lot of gunk under there to prevent the steel ball from snapping into the holes in the plate. Has your press been subjected to extremely high temperatures? This might explain all of the springs relaxing and the plastic weakening.

Page generated in 0.03389 seconds with 8 queries