View Single Post
Old May 9, 2008, 05:14 AM   #11
Richard47

I'm going thru a situation with a Liberty with the SG electronic lock. The safe would not reopen. Call Liberty, wait and wait, told to change batteries. Did that, call back, wait and wait, try stuff, told to buy different brand of battery. Did that, call back, wait and wait, try stuff with pushing buttons again, wiggle handle ect. Told to call SG, they warranty the lock. Call them, wait and wait, do same buttons thing over and over, told the lock was on time out, call back later, too late.

Call back Monday, wait and wait, try stuff, told the "code" was changed from following instructions from Liberty. Maybe there "side pressure". Bounce safe around, follow instructions to re set code, fail try again. Hooray, safe opened! Try again with door open, nope. Hey it's not the lock, call Liberty for side pressure. Call Liberty, told I should argue with SG.

Get dealer involved, call back, told they would send locksmith. Closest locksmith they have is a 400 mile round trip, they don't want to pay for mileage, although "in home" is part of the warranty.

Finally, I offered to settle for a Combo lock instead of the extra cost Electronic which has a solonoid with a 9 volt battery that won't work the lock. Liberty promised (and suggested) overnighting the lock, told we still need a locksmith, too hard to install if I've never done it. Four days later, no lock. Call back, wait and wait, told the supervisor would not approve overnight. It was $30! but it was "on the way". Locksmith won't call them back.

Next week I am supposed to get the cheaper combo lock. No one at Liberty is surprized that the electronic does not work, or that SG won't change it. Liberty says "side pressure" is BS.

I've got 5 hours of time in this and I have to take off work because it's in the middle of the day.

On the bright side, a machinist friend says he can break into the safe in just a couple of minutes if it happens again and I don't want to wait.

Page generated in 0.02067 seconds with 8 queries