Thread: Proper response
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2012, 11:23 AM   #22
Vermonter

Farmer Boy

First I will say that I would not ever advocate shooting into an uncoming mob. The odds of being leagally justified in a self defense shooting are tough enough. You would have to have a legitmant fear that every one of those 30 people posed an immeadiate threat to your life. I would call any such action reckless, foolish, and irrisposnible.

Second Let's talk for a moment about one man with 17 rounds in his 9mm pistol. If you are ever in a situation where you have to incapacitate 30 people in order to insure your safety that would mean that you would only have room for 4 misses assuming only 1 reload. Only shots that incipacitated the threat would count. The only way I would ever conisder firing on 30 people is if they were firing back at me meaning that you are going to need a heck of a lot of cover.

I guess my simplest point is that escape is the only option in this situation for any reasonable man no matter what he is carrying.

Mobs do not immeaditly disperse when police are in full riot gear and there are as many officers as rioters. One citizen with a firearm has only one chance which is to runn until you hit the county line and then trot until you are in the next zip code.

Farmerboy I hear you on the evening the odds thing I really do. I just can't imagine a situation in which I would consider that my best and only option.

With Kind Regards, Vermonter

Page generated in 0.02734 seconds with 8 queries