View Single Post
Old November 16, 2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Spats McGee
Staff

Nobody "issues a pistol and a badge" to us. The city issues the badge. A few years ago, it didn't even do that. In fact, we were the only prosecutors in the district that were not issued badges. The city does not issue a pistol. The Glock Blue Label program (http://us.glock.com/bluelabel) will allow her to purchase a pistol at Blue label prices. This is a purely a Glock program which would apply whether she was a prosecutor at the city, county, or federal level.

Quote:
Those who qualify include:

Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City (Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)
EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. (Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)
Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.)
State Licensed Armed Security Officers
Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys
LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy
So the two issues are separate: (1) city issues a badge that does not allow her to carry (except in certain circumstances which are not present for us); and (as a separate issue) (2) Glock offers the Blue Label Program to LEOs, first responders, judges, prosecutors, etc. Glock isn't connected to the badge and the city isn't connected to the pistol.

No, prosecutors do not have arrest authority in Arkansas. We are "law enforcement officers," but we are not "certified law enforcement officers," as we did not graduate from the Arkansas Law Enforcement Academy. Under Arkansas law, lots of stuff tied to carrying under the authority of a badge requires being a "certified" law enforcement officer.

Page generated in 0.01990 seconds with 8 queries