View Single Post
Old April 30, 2009, 09:46 AM   #3
Hunley

The people knew my travel plans because they knew that there are only two ways to get to my old hometown from my present location. One is longer than the other by a good half hour. It's one of those "you can't get there from here" scenarios.

As for where I was staying, two hotels were being renovated, two were booked for a conference and wedding, and that left only one hotel in town. Unless I wanted to plop down $200 a night for a "historic bed and breakfast" stay, I was keeping my happy tail in the one available hotel. I didn't tell them where I was staying. They just knew what was going on in town and wouldn't have trouble finding me. Besides, when was the last time you called a hotel and asked what room number someone was in? Did they say they couldn't release that information? Try it the next time you have friends or family staying in one. You might be surprised.

And as for the concealment, it is important to know the laws governing carrying where you live. I do. I could have carried openly if I chose and still been within my legal right to do so. I can, and do, openly carry in some areas. I just make sure that if I do that I am aware of the image I am portraying, and I usually restrict it to situations in which I am wearing dress or business attire (long sleeve dress shirts and ties, suits, etc.).

As for the barrel pointing out, that is speculation on my part. I didn't feel it stick out and the polo was long on me. It may have profiled when I bent over. Maybe someone brushed against it in line. The point is, I was very respectably dressed in an establishment that I had done business with for an extended period of time, yet I was asked to leave.

Page generated in 0.03745 seconds with 8 queries