View Single Post
Old June 7, 2016, 07:38 PM   #12
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
"Owning a gun is just to kill..."
Most of my guns weren't purchased for any kind of killing at all. Not even while hunting or in self-defense.

I do have a couple that are primarily for self-defense and a few more that are primarily for hunting and I suppose it might be reasonable to characterize those guns as having the purpose of killing. That said, I've never actually needed one for the former purpose and only very rarely get the opportunity to do the latter.
Quote:
"You can just walk into a shop and buy guns in the US."
Probably more true than not.

There are restrictions on who can buy and there are legal hoops that one must jump through to make the sale legal, but in general, if you qualify and are willing to jump through the legal hoops you can walk into a shop and leave with a gun within an hour. It's not exactly like buying milk & bread, but it's also not anywhere nearly as difficult as the typical European model where you have to go through a long approval/licensing process before being allowed to go to the store an buy a gun.
Quote:
"There are nutters who shoot people, so no one should be allowed to have guns"
If we restrict the entire population based on the actions of a few screwed-up people, we might as well all live in padded rooms, and wear jackets with sleeves that buckle in the back.

Page generated in 0.02519 seconds with 8 queries