View Single Post
Old January 5, 2002, 12:23 PM   #3
rugerfreak

Nichols is the owner of Guns Unlimited here in Omaha----GU is the importer of SKB shotguns--and they still have quite an inventory of a bankrupt distributor that they bought out.

The Nichols scope line was brought out by him and GU-------they still have a bunch of them. They also have quite a few refurbs. Every Nichols scope that I've looked at said made in Japan---but the guys in the shop won't actually say who made them for them. They are not importing them anymore.--------------The more I think about it------seems like it was mentioned that they were made in a Nikon plant????----I think????

One of my buddies had one on a 7mm mag----he doesn't shoot very much---so I can't really give you an opinion as to long term durablity of the scopes.

Its been awhile since I've actually looked at them in the store---but as much as I can remember none of the Nichols scopes was over $199----with refurb 4 powers for like $25----something like that----most my attention for scopes is usually focused on Leupold--Burris---Zeiss---Kahles----so haven't given the Nichols scopes the once over in a long time.

Page generated in 0.02276 seconds with 8 queries