View Single Post
Old July 26, 2009, 12:48 PM   #64
Uncle Billy

Seems to me that after you impulsively irritated the bully into a physical confrontation, you were probably left with no alternative other than to draw the gun and discourage him, because if you had not, and he came at you and you lost control (likely since he was so much larger than you), the gun suddenly becomes problematic- if you lose it to him in the fracas, the situation has the potential to get immeasurably worse. Once it got to the point of a probable physical dust-up, you seriously needed to discharge the situation with whatever means were available to protect your control of the weapon.

Better to just shut up and walk away, especially if you were carrying, avoiding as much contact with him and his pals as was possible.

Having a gun seems to have made you bolder than you would have been had you left it home. I mean, would you have mouthed off to 3 guys, at least one of which was bigger than you if you were unarmed?

Until you get a handle on how to handle yourself in such situations when you're carrying, it's probably best to leave it on the dresser.

Just my $.02

Last edited by Uncle Billy; July 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Sounded too harsh, maybe still does.

Page generated in 0.03352 seconds with 8 queries