View Single Post
Old November 4, 2012, 02:51 PM   #4
BigJimP

I think you need someone who really understands Fit - to help you out. Someone that can really go over the pros and cons on all this stuff with you sitting there.

As an example ....noone can say the gun shoots flat for them vs you ...every gun, every darn one, fits me and you different....if its set to shoot 60%/40% over point of impact for me....it may be 80%/20% for you ...or vice versa.

Noone, can tell you by watching you shoot if a gun shoots flat or not....there is just no way they can see what you see down the barrel or what that cloud of shot is doing ...or if you moved off -or up or down from the target line a little as you executed the follow thru on the shot ...unless they video tape you and give you some critique as they slow the tape down.

Anyone that tells you they know / until you take it to a pattern board ...is guessing in my opinion ( and you shouldn't let them adjust your gun). Now at the same time, I may think things look ok for you ...and I may say, hey, maybe we should raise the comb to adjust your point of impact a little ...but while I may say "I think" this or that ...until you go to a pattern board - mount and shoot that gun with a full choke, I can't tell what your point of impact is....with any degree of certainty.

No don't put the weight back on ..../ but that is another reason for having an adjustable comb ...so as you lose weight in your face, shoulders, etc...you can make fine tuned adjustments to the gun and move your point of impact around a little.

Page generated in 0.03505 seconds with 8 queries