View Single Post
Old February 27, 2011, 10:09 AM   #10
mokicruz

CVA 45 cal Precussion

I've won turkey shoots with a CVA 45 cal. Precussion against modern Pistols a lot of times with 40 grains of Pyrodex pistol power or 40 grains of FFF black powder. I've never finished lower than third with it. I've killed two Whitetail Bucks with head shots at 25 yds. Accuracy never has been an issue at any load it just depends on how much you want to spend. Even 25 grs. FFFF was deadly but the recoil was noticeable. I don't even notice the recoil with the forty grain loads. With 40 gran loads it's accurate, hits hard and there's not so much smoke you have to run two steps sideways to see where you hit. The first time I saw muzzle loaders I bought 2 FIE's. I blew them up loading 200 grains of FFF black powder and loading to balls like Daniel Boone shows. They were about 36" long 45 Cal barrels only 11/16 across the flats. I even shot fishing sinkers out of them. They both lasted about 500 rounds. They were the only Black Powder guns I've ever seen fail unless someone shot smokeless shotgun powder in them.

Page generated in 0.02590 seconds with 8 queries