View Single Post
Old February 25, 2013, 05:55 AM   #3
Alferd Packer

I reload for .32 acp and.32 long. The acp seems to be flared enough by the dillon powder flaring die, but I load .309 lead round nose bullets in that one. For the .32 long, I had to go to the Lyman flaring die to both open the case and flare the case to accept the .312 -.313 sized lead wadcutter bullets. You have to check the flaring dies with a micrometer to see which will work and then switch them around to find one that gives the right amount of flare.Alternately, call Dillon and tell them your problem .They are extremely helpful and maybe you can get the right flaring tool for wadcutters. Or maybe they can suggest a fix. The wadcutter bullets tend to be on the fat side anyway. The flaring center post is different for wadcutters in that it is a little fatter, has a longer straight section to open up the case for the soft wadcutter bullets and then has the flaring portion further up the case. The round nose .32 bullets are harder alloy and only need a shallow flare to start the bullet in the case. The same with jacketed bullets. As I said, the wadcutters are almost deadsoft lead and will deform and shave lead without the proper Dillon powder-thru flaring die. I know what I'm trying to tell you, but I can't put the right labels on the explanation, but call Dillon and tell them what you are trying to load and they will fix you up.

Page generated in 0.02931 seconds with 8 queries