View Single Post
Old December 24, 2011, 02:47 PM   #54
Fishing_Cabin

I can understand some of the feelings shared in this thread, but just because an agency has been loaned the use of firearms, vehicles, etc, I dont see a direct tie to the police becoming commandos or militerized. The equipment is just a tool, its how its used that matters.

Have I known of some places going full out with emergency response teams, armoured vehicles, etc? Yep. I know alot of the larger cities and the states also get the majority of what is available, but also for smaller areas, its a help as well. It all comes back to attitude, and how the leadership wants to proceed from there. Also, the process for getting the equipment usually isnt easy either. My agency has 2 winchester model 12's and 1 Colt M16A1 that are on loan to us, after a few years of trying. The shotguns are WELL worn, and the M16A1, seemed to be new. They are inventoried every year as well. I cant say that by recieving these 3 firearms that it has turned anyone I work with, or myself into a commando. Its just a tool. I'd say its better that it be used in some way then to eventually be cut up the Military.

Last edited by Fishing_Cabin; December 24, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.02223 seconds with 8 queries