View Single Post
Old January 21, 2005, 08:00 AM   #7
Jailbirdwatcher

I agree, my rock chucker has thousands of rounds on it and after I'm gone one of my sons will no doubt produce thousands more, and after he's gone one of his sons will no doubt do the same. I also have a Lee 1000 that I load 357 magnums, and a Dillon 550, but I still load all my rifle ammo on the old rock chucker. You will never regret buying one. I also like the RCBS primer tool and I use a RCBS Uniflow powder measure (rifle powder) and a Lee Perfect powder measure. The Lee is really good for ball powder and not bad for flake powder, but not so perfect for the extruded powders I use in my rifle cartridges. I have an RCBS balance beam scale (505 I think) and while it's not as "high tech" as some of the electronic scales now on the market, it is very accurate. Other than that you might look into a dial caliper and eventually a case trimmer (there are many types available) and maybe some small stuff like a primer tray and a primer pocket brush. Finally, the most important item you will need are some load books. There are a bunch of free ones out there (put out by powder manufacturers and such) but I have found the ones put out by Speer, Hornady, and Nosler to be most invalueable.

Page generated in 0.03885 seconds with 8 queries