View Single Post
Old September 7, 2012, 06:30 PM   #1
XL650 Owner

Reloading 30-30 powder question.

I have reloaded 30-06 for years but that was 12 years ago and haven't done anything with it since then. My son was born and I put it all away until he got older. Now that he is 12 and can shoulder the guns he has taken an interest in target shooting. which brings me to my question. I am planning on having him start out with my 30-30 using 110 grain bullets but not sure what to use for powder or which powder to use. He has prepped 480 30-30 cases, cleaned and trimmed and is ready to start loading them but want to get some ideas as to which powder to use and how much of it so as to make a lighter load for him. He is pretty strong and I am sure he can handle a full charge just want the first few (50 or so) to be lighter so he can get used to the thing. any thoughts or ideas would be great. I am having him do all the work and he is loving it. Great father son time and gives him a good understanding as to what is happening to make the boom. I've has him look at pictures of guns with double charges or blocked barrels all so he can get a handle on just how dangerous this can be if not respected. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Page generated in 0.02796 seconds with 8 queries