View Single Post
Old August 8, 2013, 09:46 PM   #57
the1mu

I know I'm weighing in a bit late but I noticed something in the Study by Frank Ellifritz is that:

Quote:
Every shot in this study took place during a military battle or an altercation with a criminal.
Aside from the wonderful analysis and summary by Frank Ettin which is pretty much dead on, one thing that would be careful to remember in the 1 shot stopping percentage is that most .22 users would not be military or police.

What my inference is here is that military and police are going to be the ones typically carrying the rounds that had a lower one shot stop percentage but they are also usually walking INTO situations where the BG is prepared mentally to keep going. So, the data is skewed in that sense. I think we all agree that the psychological stopping power in an everyday situation of self defense is the largest factor but these numbers won't reflect that because of the situational background in which they are being used.

I hope that was clear, not sure how to express it better at the moment.

Page generated in 0.03610 seconds with 8 queries