Thread: Luger questions
View Single Post
Old June 28, 2001, 09:00 PM   #11
BigG

OK, I will share the minimal knowledge I have... the Mauser Luger is nothing more than a DWM/BKIW Luger. Mauser was owned by that time by Loewe, just as the other two companies were. The same machines were used to produce all of em, including the elusive Simson and Krieghoff. It was the owner's way of keeping the equipment in use. The biggest difference iin the variously branded pistols is the rollmark or stamping on the toggle, as I remember.

Not being a collector, I didn't know there were 42 Lugers and S/42 Lugers, however, the date of 1939 would indicate to me that it was a gomit contract, not a commercial pistol. Nothing commercial was produced in those days, unless you were the equivalent of today's Bill Gates. The depression was on and A. Hitler was doing his best to create prosperity by attacking Poland and France. They had been secretly stockpiling anything that would shoot for many years prior to 1939. Any questions?
o "The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC

o "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain

o "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" Paul Harvey

o TODAY WE CARVE OUT OUR OWN OMENS! Leonidas, Thermopylae, 480 BC

Page generated in 0.02449 seconds with 8 queries