View Single Post
Old June 6, 2000, 01:50 PM   #3
TexasRusty

1) Get as many manuals as you can get and read, read, read. You never have a enough.

2) A tumbler is not necessary but it is very nice. I have a Midway 1292 and love it. not to expensive and works great.

3) You ALWAYS need a scale and the weights to check it. Never ever reload without checking the weight of the powder charge. To much powder or with some powders to little can cause very very bad results.

4) Calipers are very helpful. It is possilble to reload without them but I would not recomend it.

5) Yes you can reload pretty much any brass case. I would not recomend maximum loadings with a mix of cases, the small variations in case thickness can create over pressure loads. I reload a large mix of cases for 9mm including the S&B cases for practice with no problems but my loading stays about 10% under the max load which is just enough to cycle my guns with no problems.

6) Get a Diilon case gage. They are very useful for quickly checking resized and loaded cases for chamber fit.

7) Get a bullet puller. At some point you will need it. Trust me on this.

8) Always start 5-10% below the maximum recomended charge and work up from there.

This is all I can think of right now. I am sure there is more that others can add. You have started right though. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Page generated in 0.02694 seconds with 8 queries