View Single Post
Old March 4, 2013, 10:19 AM   #77
I'vebeenduped

"His life has no more value than mine... and I want the same tools."
Well put, Willie

"Very insightful post, mrbatchelor. As with many issues, there are multiple potential causes and no obvious solution. But I think you hit on one of the real problems with police forces today: how militarized they are. It has occurred to me more than once in the last few years -- and the specific issue posed by this thread really brings it home -- that some of our law enforcement agencies may be in the process of becoming exactly what our founding fathers were afraid of."

I agree. I think the police forces have become increasingly militant in nature. The police uniform is even evolving more like a BDU than that of a police uniform. If you couple that with the police union pushing for taking away our weapons, there being a seemingly decrease in due process (i.e. in L.A), and fact that legislators are pushing for only retired and active police to have weapons suitable for defense, we run into a very sticky situation. I think our active group in uniform is responsible enough for this to not get into their heads but what about our next generation? This uneven balance of power could easily come back to haunt our children of the future.

I think that officers who are pro RKBA should be debating these points with officers who are not. Consider this like religion (I am sorry for not finding a milder comparison); There are people who are sitting on the fence. Sometimes a little persuasion is all that is needed. Pro-RKBA officers should also be petitioning the Law Enforcement unions as well. The gains may be modest, but anyone who is for the Constitution is a huge gain.

Page generated in 0.02440 seconds with 8 queries