View Single Post
Old March 15, 2013, 01:41 PM   #79
Pianoguy

I agree - although we could go all day for ultimately no purpose by trying to define what is a "right" , it can be very subjective - but as responsible people I think there should at least be a system of some kind whereby we can at least identify those who have shown that their right to own a gun might not be a good idea. It's only a thought and I realize no matter how you do it you will put some people on one side of the fence that will infuriate one side or the other in this debate. When I was younger the NRA was noted for promoting responsiblity and I'm sure many members still feel that way. But for many people (mostly the anti-gun crowd but not completely) the NRA has become equivalent with lack of accountability when they see it doing everything it can to prevent all attempts at even establishing that some people have NOT lost the right to posses a gun. Saying that something is a right is fine but when that right entails the use of something as deadly as a gun we are obviously running into some issues here to the detriment of many citizens who also have rights. The conversation country-wide as it now stands is not productive to anybody.

As to the other post - we probably have very similar backgrounds. It's just that from my standpoint many of the same parents and their kids aren't as bad overall than many of the accountants and financiers I deal with that are creating the world we all have to live in. You see people just trying to get by (and maybe not doing it as well as we'd like) while I see people knowinbly throwing them under the bus like sheep and laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited by Pianoguy; March 15, 2013 at 01:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.02133 seconds with 8 queries