View Single Post
Old February 20, 2012, 09:28 AM   #1
OwenW

.357/.38 Assistance please

Ok i feel into some awsome luck the other day. In my CCW class i was taking at the time, i began talking to a fellow class mate about what or if he wanted to sell a particular firearm. He said no, but he had a .357 revolver he wanted rid of. I asked him what he had, he said it was stainless steel, a taurus, 6 inch barrel, and .357. Thats all he knew. I asked how much... he said $100.. My brain started working quickly. Turns out i bought a taurus 669 .357 magnum in flawless Stainless steel, 3 speed loaders, a leather speed loader belt pouch, a box of ammo, and he through in the case "for that kinda price" were his exact words. Gun is perfect brand new shape and shoots perfect with suprising accuracy. All of it for $150. Im still woozy from how bliss this man was of what he had and what it was worth.

Anyway. .357 is expensive And im looking to reload it. I cant get real strait answeres to these questions anywhere.

1. Nickle plated brass is ok to reload as long as you inspect the cases carefully due to there hardness. Correct statement or not?

2. I use cci 500 small pistol primers for the 9mm i reload. I also use win 231 powder aswell. My recipe book says 6.4 grains of win 231 with a win std primer for a 147 grain .357 magnum. Why couldn't i use the cci 500 primers? I know they work well with that powder from my 9mm shells. Ive read that the only reason to change primers is if you go to a diffrent powder for magnum loads that the primer my have trouble igniting.

3. When i order bullets, .38 bullets are the same for .357 mganum right? So if i ordered these bullets these should work. Right?

http://www.thebulletworks.net/38-147...%20rn%20pl.htm

Im new to reloading so excuse me if these questions are stupid or i missed interpreted something.

Page generated in 0.03266 seconds with 8 queries