View Single Post
Old June 17, 2009, 09:29 PM   #10
ftd

Mike,
Bob McDonnell resigned as Virginia AG early this year to run for gov. The current AG, Bill Mims, was elected by the General Assembly this February to complete the term ending Jan, 2010. I don't know exactly where he stands on guns, but he probably thought it not prudent to make political waves in an election year that he is not participating in. I have emailed Ken Cuccinelli, the Republican candidate for AG, asking his take on the AG letter. Ken is a pretty avid 2A supporter, but I will be surprised if he responds beyond saying how very much he supports gun rights - public endorsment of the AG letter would become a significant campaign issue in a state that is basically evenly divided red/blue. The whole Republican ticket will probably be endorsed by all pro-gun groups in Virginia anyway, so there would be little to no gain by his getting involved and could hurt with swing voters. I'll let you know what he replies.

By the way, Ken is from your neck of the woods (I almost forgot that Northern Virginia is actually part of the Commonwealth), so maybe you know him.

Last edited by ftd; June 17, 2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Added last sentence

Page generated in 0.03138 seconds with 8 queries