View Single Post
Old January 30, 2011, 12:35 AM   #9
Jbar4Ranch

There seems to be about an even split between crossdraw rigs and double rigs, but I think I see more crossdraw rigs.

Gunfighter and B-Western are the only two categories that require double rigs instead of cross draw rigs, but a double rig can be used in ANY category. Gunfighter can be a drop rig or not, but B-Western requires the entire revolver to be below the top of the belt... not necessarily a Buscadero rig, as a straight belt with a drop holster would be just as acceptable... as long as it was "flashy". A crossdraw holster can't depart from vertical by more than 30° as normally worn, holsters must be on different sides of the belly button, and separated by at least the width of two fists at the belt. With different barrel lengths, most folks will put the longer barrel in the crossdraw holster.

I've used a crossdraw rig most of the time I've been shooting Cowboy Action, but I started crossing over to Gunfighter about three years ago, and have been stocking up on fancy clothes, boots, & leather for B-Western since last year.

The founders of the game knew how it was to be played, but eventually "The Gamers" came along and a rule book had to be written, and it gets longer & longer with each incarnation because so many people do things to gain an edge that aren't really in the spirit of the game, and when called on it say, "Show me in the rule book where it says I can't do that."

http://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/RO/...ok-16-2010.pdf

SASS 47015

Page generated in 0.02419 seconds with 8 queries