View Single Post
Old December 15, 2012, 01:30 AM   #2
Kframe

In case that article is pulled down before you get a chance to read it, here's the full text:
(Many curse words in the piece which TFL automatically converts to asterisks)

Quote:
NRA: **** It, Lets Just Ban Guns

By NRA President David Keene

Fairfax, Va. (The Global Edition) – As president of the National Rifle Association, I’ve been the first to support the Second Amendment in even the most extreme cases. Following national tragedies in Columbine and Tucson, I rallied around gun rights, knowing that if I didn’t stand up for constitutional protections when it was hard then I didn’t deserve to take them for granted when it was easy.

But killing something like 20 kids at that elementary school in Connecticut? **** it, let’s do it: Let’s ban guns.I know I’ve defended private gun ownership after some pretty heinous acts, but this one takes the cake. I’m absolutely appalled that the guy who did this was able to acquire the guns legally and without issue. Seriously, nobody should be able to do that. What kind of sicko needs that kind of firepower?This demented **** shot a bunch of KIDS!!! Somebody needs to stop this kind of thing from happening again and I’m willing to do my part. As president of the NRA, I want to assure the American public that I will not rest until every gun has been rounded up and destroyed.

Congress should act now to wholly criminalize all forms of gun ownership, because did you see what these ****ing whack-jobs are doing with them!? Holy ****! Is everybody blind to how rampant, unchecked gun violence been tearing this country apart!? Who in their right minds thinks that hunting a deer or sharp-shooting at the range is ****ing worth this!? Not me, that’s for sure! And don’t give me that “tradition” crap either. You can stuff that “tradition” garbage or I’m going to have the NRA beat you over the head with your former gun, which we’ll be turning over to more responsible parties for proper disposal.

And it’s not just the guns themselves. No, it’s the whole culture of gun worship. For decades, we’ve been elevating gun owners to some Christ-like status, like you have to own a gun to be American. Or like owning a gun is the solution for every problem. What moron thinks like that!? If more people had a gun at that elementary school, there just would’ve been a shootout and more people would’ve gotten hurt or worse. We have to end this twisted firearm deification and start prioritizing people’s lives over property.

The only answer is to wipe guns off the face of the Earth, starting with here in the United States of America. Join me, fellow patriots, as we lead the NRA’s charge to replace guns with compassion. Together, we can eradicate this terrible scourge to our society.

Additional editing by TGE Correspondent David Ross

Page generated in 0.03336 seconds with 8 queries