View Single Post
Old January 10, 2014, 10:12 AM   #31
pturner67

Latest in the saga.

I took the upper to my friend's house the other night. He's a certified AR-15 gunsmith. We did some investigation on the whole rifle just to make sure everything (including my lower) was perfect and aligned and it looks like the gas block wasn't seated over the hole. Measurements showed that the gas block was misaligned by .050 and only 1/4 of the hole in the barrel was centered with the hole for the gas block, and that was probably limiting the amount of gas being pushed through the gas tube. We reseated the gas block .050 closer (yes, that's point zero five on his digital caliper) to the end of the barrel.

He has no explanation for the previously discussed issue regarding my friends' BCGs not fitting. He took several BCGs from his stash and all fit perfectly. Just weird. Oh well, no biggie on that.

I will be testing this weekend to check functionality.

On a side note, the gun shop owner emailed me last night to apologize for the delay and offered to replace the upper at no charge. Makes me feel at least a little better about reliability/accountability of the store.

Page generated in 0.03227 seconds with 8 queries