View Single Post
Old December 27, 2010, 03:57 AM   #3
bamaranger

on a PSL/SSG

Got one on a PSL 7.62x54R. (well actually, its stamped SSG-97) Had a heck of a time getting the mount to secure on the bracket, but once adjusted, it has stayed. I will NEVER take it off,.............. again. NOTE there are a variety of Soviet side rails, and certain clamps will only fit certain rails. KNOW before you buy.

The "clicks" are pretty coarse, can't remember exactly, but definitely not US type 1/4 MOA. More like 1 MOA. No kidding.

Mine has been repeatable. I've had it out in the rain a bit, no fogging. The non centered reticle takes some getting used to. I set up a target 1.5 meters tall and ranged and shot at it out to 400 yds + w/ no probs. But at 5- 600 plus it was a roll of the dice,more of the limit of the rifle than of the scope.

The lit reticle is neat and I have carried it on purpose for some evening hunts for deer in shooting houses for that reason. No deer w/ a PSL......yet.

I down loaded the entire scope manual from the KALINKA website. Pretty useful, if not essential, for anybody using one.

Page generated in 0.02598 seconds with 8 queries