View Single Post
Old December 13, 2012, 06:25 PM   #59
dogtown tom

Quote:
Brian Pfleuger ....Getting a receipt for a purchase is a normal, every day part of conducting your life.
True, but that isn't close to what some of you in this thread are discussing.

A "receipt" typically doesn't have a shred of information on the buyer. When I buy a TV at Target they have no freaking clue who I am, where I live nor do they ask for my drivers license number. Do you (the buyer) demand the drivers license number of the clerk at Target? Does the seller (Target) demand to write down your drivers license number for a CASH transaction? Of course they don't, that would be silly..........just like this thread.

If I pay cash for something the seller has no legal reason to record MY information. If he wants to hand me a receipt for my cash purchase of his gun, thanks. But he has ZERO reasons to record any of my information.

If you are terrified that you are buying a stolen gun.........never buy anything used. Even if bought at a gun store from a licensed dealer there is no way to tell if that gun was stolen and subsequently sold to that dealer.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.02257 seconds with 8 queries