View Single Post
Old August 27, 2012, 02:35 PM   #1
TheRaskalKing

How often do you train?

This topic has been on my mind lately.

I've been shopping for some new guns as well as selling some guns I'm ready to move on from. I've had my XDM listed on a local news station's classified section (the gold standard around here for buying and selling ANYTHING) for a couple weeks now with very few serious inquiries. I feel like people read my Ad, and say "Wow, 2000 rounds? That gun has been shot way too much." It seems like most classified ads I read say something along the lines of "Gun is a year old, shot 300 rounds through the gun, It's in great shape."

The reason I bring this up is not to discuss the sales of used firearms, not at all. I wonder what on earth these people are doing with their guns, if not shooting and training regularly with them? You bought the gun in the name of home/self defense, but only shoot once in a while with it? I realize this is probably preaching to the choir, as our TFL members are mostly all avid shooters.

So my question is to you avid shooters- How often do you train/shoot? And What does your training routine consist of? How many rounds, what kinds of drills?

I try to do some good dryfire/snap cap practice including malfunction drills 3-4 times a week, and, checkbook permitting, put 100-200 rounds down the pipe every couple weeks, practicing double taps, shooting moving targets, and regular target shooting.

Page generated in 0.03765 seconds with 8 queries