View Single Post
Old December 27, 2012, 01:50 AM   #8
Chaz88

I do not know if things have changed with kids or we just hear more about it. I tend to think that we just hear more and it is sensationalized more.

I remember when we only had three TV channels and a news paper was the closest thing to the internet. It was a lot harder to saturate the populace with information then.

I also remember going to high school in a small town in the 80's. Most of us had carried a knife since before we started school and a lot of us had shotguns, rifles, and pistols in our unlocked trucks in the school parking lot. We used them to hunt and shoot before and after school. The worst thing to ever happen was a fist fight. Nobody ever even threatened to go get a gun. We had all started learning about them from the time we could even comprehend the idea.

I just can not help but wander how we got to this point. I do not think it is because the kids are that much different. We were much worse in some ways but we were allowed to make some mistakes suffer some consequences, learn from it, and have a second chance. Now the kids are to be protected from making mistakes and shielded from consequences until they really screw up. Then they are hit with the heavy end of the hammer and the consequences are often for the rest of their life.

These thoughts are coming from this and a few other threads I have been reading. Sorry if it is a bit off topic.

No spelun and grammar is not my specialty. So please don't hurt my sensitive little feelings by teasing me about it.

Page generated in 0.03219 seconds with 8 queries