View Single Post
Old May 20, 2009, 05:57 AM   #5
mravery

Hi guys

Ok... here is the update.... I used the references above and pulled it apart, all the parts had a ton of 'gritty' gunk on them (oil, powder residue and misc crap). Even found the remains of a cap inside the grip when I took it apart.

I also noticed that the hammer just touches the side of the frame just before it makes contact with the nipple.

So, all back together and for the most part all went together smoothly (until I dropped the cylinder on the tile floor, but that's another story)

Everything seems smoother than before I cleaned it. I think most of the difference now is that the mainspring seems stronger on the COLT than the Uberti so it's harder to pull.

After 50+ pulls, only one mis-align of the cylinder.

The only other thing I noticed and not sure if it will require attention is that the grooves (sorry for the lack of proper terminology) that LOCK the cylinder into place are starting to get a little 'mashed' on one edge. The articles did mention it as it was caused from the lock being larger diameter than the groove. I checked it and it appears to be correct and not too large. Is this normal for these SA pistols and does it happen to all of them or does it require attention?

Many many thanks!
Mark

Page generated in 0.03892 seconds with 8 queries